The Advocacy & Outreach Committee forges connections between Springfield Creatives and the Springfield community. That means initiatives like:
- Building connections and developing partnerships with city leaders
- Creating opportunities for collaborations with creative and not-for-profit organizations
- Advocating for our members’ vision for Springfield’s creative & cultural future
- Expanding awareness of local creative talent through the website’s job posting and membership lists
- Planning one major outreach event annually
New members welcome. If you’re ready to play the role of community ambassador, you’re needed on the Advocacy & Outreach Committee! Contact Chris Allen to learn more.
The Communications Committee writes and edits content for the SGFC website, social media channels, and newsletter, along with collateral for other committees. Their jobs include:
- Writing and publishing the monthly newsletter
- Developing content features like Meet-A-Member and local interviews
- Helping out other committees by writing or editing content
- Facilitating social media strategy between committees
New members welcome. If you’re a talented wordsmith, a social media whiz, or a MailChimp expert, the Communications Committee needs you! Contact Branden Schwab for details.
The Meetings & Events Committee plans and promotes the fun, informative monthly and quarterly events that bring us all together. Their responsibilities include:
- Securing a time & place for each monthly meeting (scheduled on third Wednesday of each month)
- Reaching out to location sponsors
- Brainstorming activities & outings
- Selecting speakers
- Providing refreshments
- Encouraging member participation and meeting attendance
- Promoting meetings via website and social media
New members welcome! Interested in lending a hand? The Meetings Committee typically meets on the first Wednesday of every month at 5:15 pm. Contact email@example.com for more info or to join.
The Membership Committee coordinates our current memberships and recruits fresh creativity to join the ranks. Their tasks include:
- Running sign-in tables at events and meetings
- Tracking memberships and assisting with renewals
- Encouraging student involvement
- Recruiting new members
- Assisting with promotional material and fundraising
New members welcome! Interested in helping out? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Students Committee forges connections and fosters membership between Springfield Creatives and local college students in professional creative programs. That means initiatives like:
- A job shadow program for college students with local businesses
- Fostering a mentorship programs pairing professional and student members together for one year
- Representing student interests to the Springfield Creatives board to create student-friendly content within the group at large
Now seeking new student members. Contact Nathan Gregg to learn more.
The Website Committee maintains and improves the organization’s website: springfieldcreatives.com. They’re working on:
- Adding website content like job boards and blog posts
- Training new committee members & incoming board members on website maintenance
- Developing and implementing ideas for new website content and features
New members welcome! Would you like to help us build springfieldcreatives.com? Contact Charlie Rosenbury for more info.