• Design advertisements for all 417 print publications
• Design digital advertisements for a variety of platforms, including web impression ads, e-blasts, e-newsletter ads and more
• Prepare delivered ads for print
• Assist with proofing, completing revisions and uploading the magazine
• Interns who demonstrate exceptional skills could acquire these responsibilities:
• Designing targeted display campaigns
• Assisting the advertising design photographer with shoots and photo editing
• Designing and editing internal sales materials
• Assisting with ad and photo purchasing
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator)
• Keen eye for design and composition
• Attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
• Photography, illustration and copywriting skills are a plus!
What Advertising Design Interns learn:
The most valuable skill interns learn is how to receive and interpret client direction and apply it to their own work. The Advertising Design Department functions much like an ad agency, so interns will create real ads for real clients and learn how to build cohesive, effective ad campaigns that translate across both print and digital. Projects created during the internship can be used to build a strong professional portfolio. Advertising Design interns learn the ins and outs of pre-press production, as well as how to utilize a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio or samples of work.