Interior Design Firm looking for a Design Coordinator. Responsible for the effective management, organization and scheduling of client projects to maximize opportunities and increase profitability. Work with design team to create visual presentations and proposals relating to construction and interior design.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee orchestration of numerous design projects at one time.
• Communicate with designers, clients and vendors to insure accuracy of orders and scheduling of services.
• Attend and assist in client design meetings as needed.
• Assist with off-site interior design projects-including field verification and drafting services.
• Provide excellent customer service to clients to maximize all opportunities, whether through direct contact, over the phone or through the mail and maintain a positive customer service environment.
• Assist customers with merchandise selections including special order and custom product.
• Resolve customer problems, consider all suggestions and implement changes as necessary.
• Schedule client appointments as well as subcontractors and deliveries.
• Assist as needed with maintenance of the retail sales floor through creative merchandising of product.
• Keep current on all product information, merchandise/ interoffice memos.
• Maintain an awareness of current advertising, promotions and catalogues.
• Assist with in-store special events such as First Friday Art Walk.
• Work with other team members to develop marketing collateral including videos, blog posts and social media posts to promote Obelisk Home
• Work with management and other team members to develop systems and procedures to improve efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
• Assist in preparation of design presentations
• Maintain records including selections, budgets, and correspondence among designers, clients and subcontractors.
• Other duties as needed.
• Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and extremely organized.
• Must enjoy working with a diverse group of people without any prejudice.
• Design skills, creative and inspirational thinker.
• Be a strong communicator, and have great listening and people skills
• Work quickly, effectively and within project timelines
• Must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative work environment
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to carry project from inspiration and design into various development stages with constant of review of the process through to completion.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Previous experience in the home décor or design industry preferred.
• Retail management preferred.
• Point of sale system experience, such as QuickBooks preferred.
• Ability to work with customers and other associates, representing the company in a professional manner.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Must be able to work 40 hours per week.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check and agree to routine drug screenings as required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite software, and of computers in general.
• Experience with social media platforms such as FaceBook, Instagram, Houzz, Pinterest, etc.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photo-Shop/Creative Suite application software.
• Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm or as needed with advance notice
• Usual conditions associated with retail operation. Periods of standing, moving, and lifting of heavy objects (up to 40 pounds) required. Routine exposure to pet dander, especially dogs.
• Report directly to the owners of Taylor-Martin.