Artsfest makes art essential to the lives of those living in the Southwest Missouri by showcasing talented artists and their creativity in a community-centric festival. Thirty-nine years strong, this outdoor event hosts over 120 artists on the beautiful Historic Walnut Street in Springfield, Missouri. With more than 20,000 attendees, Artsfest prides itself on Midwestern hospitality for artists.
In partnership with the Springfield Regional Arts Council, Downtown Springfield Association (DSA) manages Artfest on Walnut Street. DSA seeks qualified applicants for its designer position.
The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in and passion for the following areas:
4) Comfortable working in Adobe Suite
5) Photography and videography is a plus!
This intern will assist DSA staff in digital marketing for Artsfest, including:
1) Concepting 2018 themes for each of these events
2) Executing the selected design concept to create all the marketing materials
3) Taking the lead on producing merch for each event
4) Serving on marketing subcommittee of these community events
5) Supporting social media team by producing visual elements as needed
6) Creating other design projects as assigned by Communications Manager
7) Working the respective events
January through May 2019
Artsfest takes place on May 4 & 5, 2019
10-15 hours per week (about 250 hours in total)
This is an unpaid internship that will help you make invaluable connections in the local community–helping you land a top notch job post graduation. In addition, academic credit and flexible work locations can be arranged.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to Bethany Bell at email@example.com before Nov. 9.