Artsfest makes art essential to the lives of those living in the Southwest Missouri by showcasing talented artists and their creativity in a community-centric festival. Thirty-nine years strong, this outdoor event hosts over 120 artists on the beautiful Historic Walnut Street in Springfield, Missouri. With more than 20,000 attendees, Artsfest prides itself on Midwestern hospitality for artists.
In partnership with the Springfield Regional Arts Council, Downtown Springfield Association (DSA) manages Artfest on Walnut Street. DSA seeks qualified applicants for its digital media position.
The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in and passion for the following areas:
1) Navigating digital content management systems (WordPress, Square Space etc.)
2) Copywriting for websites
3) Creating eye-catching design for social media graphics
4) Social media strategy and management principles
5) The local art community
This intern will assist DSA staff in digital marketing for Artsfest, including:
1) Recognition of sponsors on social media
2) Onsite social media support during the event
3) Keep Artsfest website up-to-date with relevant content
4) Prepare a comprehensive social media marketing plan across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
5) Fielding attendee questions on social media
6) Attend Artsfest committee meetings as available
January through May 2019
Artsfest takes place on May 4 & 5, 2019
10-15 hours per week (about 250 hours in total)
This is an unpaid internship that will help you make invaluable connections in the local community–helping you land a top notch job post graduation. In addition, academic credit and flexible work locations can be arranged.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to Bethany Bell at email@example.com before Nov. 9.