Downtown Springfield Association
Artsfest makes art essential to the lives of those living in the Southwest Missouri by showcasing talented artists and their creativity in a community-centric festival. Thirty-nine years strong, this outdoor event hosts over 120 artists on the beautiful Historic Walnut Street in Springfield, Missouri. With more than 20,000 attendees, Artsfest prides itself on Midwestern hospitality for artists.
In partnership with the Springfield Regional Arts Council, Downtown Springfield Association (DSA) manages Artfest on Walnut Street. DSA seeks qualified applicants for its events position.
The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in and passion for the following areas:
1) Top-notch organizational skills
2) Hospitality-first mindset
3) Basic PR writing know-how
4) Creative problem solver
5) Research and data driven
6) Familiar with Google Drive products, mail merge, etc.
This intern will assist DSA staff in event coordination for Artsfest, including:
1) Attend and take notes for every event committee meeting
2) Sit on volunteer subcommittees as the DSA representative
3) Coordinate in-kind sponsorships
4) Gather sponsor collateral for social media and design team
5) Support events managers on logistics–event layout, etc.
6) Work the events
7) Manage event listings (locations, times, ticket costs, parking, etc.)
January through May 2019
Artsfest takes place on May 4 & 5, 2019
10-15 hours per week (about 250 hours in total)
This is an unpaid internship that will help you make invaluable connections in the local community–helping you land a top notch job post graduation. In addition, academic credit and flexible work locations can be arranged.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to Bethany Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org before Nov. 9.