Create visual layouts and conceptual art for the 417 family of publications with an emphasis on our bimonthly business publication, Biz 417. Work quickly and efficiently on multiple editorial design projects with quick turnaround times. Take direction and constructive feedback on concepts and design and implement those designs through completion.
• Design department stories for all publications
• Spearhead editorial design on Biz 417 and champion of publication’s InDesign templates and flatplan
• Design custom visuals that quickly and concisely communicate content
• Collaborate with editorial staff and Art Director to sketch and ideate visual concepts for upcoming content to present at bimonthly Art Meeting
• Execute digital art components during photo shoot and art production, including both print-to-digital considerations and online-only products.
• Prepare design ideas, in conjunction with art department team, for participation in editorial brainstorm meetings.
• Review editorial lineup to ensure imagery is aesthetically on-brand, high-quality and meets the needs of each corresponding publication
• Provide expert retouching, color correcting and photo manipulation
• Assist in getting pickup art and scheduling photo shoots for all publications