Magazine Projects and Production Editor
The Projects and Production Editor manages special in-house projects and contests for the 417 brand, plans and edits custom publications for clients, and leads production editing for both branded and custom publications.
• Spearhead all editorial contests and special projects in conjunction with the marketing and art departments according to contest guidelines and timelines.
• Develop and maintain trusting relationships with all custom publishing clients by serving as their one point of contact. Own the client experience with a delicate balance of charisma and assertiveness while always making them feel appreciated for being a part of our 417 family. Discuss custom publication content and art ideas, issue planning and other project details with client.
• Complete and finalize an editorial lineup and art plan for each custom publication issue.
• Write the editorial content, complete story assignment letters (including deadline, focus, tone, content directions, sidebar instructions, web push instructions, art instructions and sourcing leads) and secure in-house or freelance writers.
• Top edit submitted custom publishing copy. Work with writers on revisions. Work with the Advertising Designer and/or freelance designer to execute art plans.
• Lead production editing for custom publications and assist production editing for all 417 publications (417 Magazine, 417 Home, 417 Bride and Biz 417).
• Prepare final custom publication pages for print by approving editorial and art revisions.
We’re 417, a life-enrichment company in Springfield, Missouri, serving more than 325,362 audience members monthly across our titles of 417 Magazine, Biz 417, 417 Home and 417 Bride. In addition, we have robust digital properties to support each title, produce award-winning publications and have a custom publishing division, a ticketing platform and an event-planning division. While we’re at it, we host parties and events for movers, shakers and everyone in between.
We’ve been doing this gig for 20 years, but there’s even more to come—we promise. Want to be part of it?