Senior Brand Strategist / Planner / Provocateur
The Sr Account Planner is a member of the strategic planning team and acts as the strategic lead for key agency accounts. The role is instrumental in synthesizing data and combining it with marketing expertise and client knowledge to craft a brand strategy that guides the development of brand communications programs, primarily in B2B channels. This role works closely with Account Service and Creative to develop briefs, presentations, category and consumer insights, go-to-market, social and digital content strategies, competitive analyses and presentations for clients.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Work in partnership with senior leadership to meet client-based assignments regarding competitive insights, syndicated/research data analysis, and custom client research to drive creative strategy development and client communications
• With limited supervision, lead and author presentations that demonstrate the ability to “connect the dots” from research, data and information with client-specific insight, yielding actionable conclusions that result in strategically sound marketing solutions/programs
• Partner with the client service and creative teams to support their work proactively and on request, with insights, strategic perspectives, communications inspiration and thought leadership
• Interface with clients and client marketing research groups to promote and build deeper client relationshiops to advance the Marlin Network’s connectivity across client departments as well as to garner access to client specific resources and information for marketing use.
• Identify growth opportunity areas for agency interaction and support
• Share one’s own subject-matter expertise (e.g., planning processes, digital/social media experience, manufacturing or channel experience) with peers as well as junior members of the Strategic Planning group, acting as a thought partner on work-in-progress, and a source of information on that expertise.
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements: Up to 25% expected travel.
Education Level (Required): Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent job-related experience
• 6+ years of experience in in progressive brand marketing, promotion agency, or business-to-business marketing
• Previous direct client interaction and account management experience required
• Digital and social media experience preferred; foodservice channel experience a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Intermediate to mastery skill in analyzing syndicated research data tools to inform strategy and influence actionable marketing plans
• Mastery skill at pulling inquiries via syndicated data tools: Kantar, Mintel, Datassential, etc.
• Clear understanding of the creative development process, demonstrating the ability to impact and influence the creative product
• Ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative research methods to answer marketing questions
• Experience and confidence with presenting agency work internally and externally in order to effectively sell agency work and creative product
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrates problem solving and creative thinking skills; ability to think at both the macro and micro levels
• Able to work independently and within collaborative work environments
• Engaged and passionate, innately curious individual, a strategic “provocateur” to challenge convention
• Proactive, solution oriented, and forward thinker
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities, and meeting deadlines
• Demonstrates maturity and good judgment to represent the agency and client in a polished, intelligent manner
• Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint ability for effective data analysis and presentation
Environmental & Physical Requirements