Pinnacle Sign Group is a family owned and operated company that has been helping businesses since 2002. Formerly Savage Sign, who had been in business for over 130 years, Pinnacle Sign Group has moved forward progressively with cutting edge technology and a design team that is unsurpassed in any market. In addition to an innovative and collaborative work environment, Pinnacle Sign Group also offers competitive salaries and a competitive benefits package.
We currently have an opportunity for a Technical Designer. This position is responsible for performing research and crafting new ideas for products and the systems used to create them.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
• Understand and demonstrate company culture known as “The Pinnacle Way” in all internal and external business functions.
• Consult with cross functional team including Project Managers, Graphic Designers, Purchasing, and outside vendors to formulate the most accurate estimates and resolve issues.
• Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
• Participate in Pre-Production meetings by explaining vision and methodology for design and production of projects; participate in Production meetings providing guidance on construction of signs based on design, materials, labor, and pricing plan.
• Identify labor, material, and time requirements by understanding scope of work and reviewing proposals and updating blueprints to prepare estimated job cost.
• Research, design, and create shop drawings using computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
• Evaluate the function, safety, and appearance of products to ensure they have a practical design.
• Collaborate and maintain relationships with vendors.
• Assist with creation and communication of company standard fabrication practices.
• Proactively learn changes, new trends and techniques for the profession and industry by attending new product presentations and interacting with vendors.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Position Skills and Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Two years estimating, manufacturing, or fabrication experience preferred. Prior experience in the sign industry or manufacturing a plus. Experience with CAD programs/Corel Draw SketchUp preferred.
The ideal candidate will have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and CAD. The ideal candidate will also have familiarity with various types of raw materials and production processes.
Email the completed application and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates may download an employment application online at www.PinnacleSignGroup.com or at Ollis/Akers/Arney 2274 E. Sunshine, Springfield, MO 65804.