417 Magazine in Springfield, MO is looking for a well-versed designer with a skill for supporting multiple projects and producing high-quality designs across a multitude of mediums. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready for the next step in your career, apply today!
This Graphic Designer position creates production ready visual layouts and conceptual art for all 417 print, event and digital products. Works quickly and efficiently on multiple design projects with quick turnaround times. Takes direction and constructive feedback on concepts and design and implements those designs through completion.
- Support production of all publications through organizational and planning efforts, technical setup and production-focused design.
- Design editorial layouts, plus client and 417-branded advertisements, for all publications in keeping with the brand and demographics.
-Design custom visuals that quickly and concisely communicate content.
- Execute digital art components during photo shoot and art production, including both print-to-digital considerations and online-only products.
- Prepare design ideas, in conjunction with a variety of teams, for participation in creative brainstorm meetings. Meetings include but are not limited to editorial, advertising and event brainstorms.
- Ensure design and imagery is aesthetically on-brand, high-quality and meets the needs of each corresponding publication or client.
- Assist Where's 417 and People Pics communication and organization.
- Assist in getting pickup art and scheduling photo shoots for all publications.
- Provide retouching, color correcting and photo manipulation as needed.
Education Requirements and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable professional experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience
Skills and Strengths:
- Excellent editorial design skills, visual creativity, strong understanding of typography
- Ability to represent themselves and the company through the mission and core values of 417 through any interactions inside or outside of the office and online with co-workers and the public.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite design software
- Extremely organized and process driven
- Photography skills
- Intrinsically motivated to work independently yet still be a team player
- Comfortable with following direction and receiving feedback as required
- Creative thinker who has the ability to offer input in meetings and confidence to share ideas.
- Passion for editorial design, photography, publishing and audience experience
- Comfortable managing a workload of multiple projects and competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Oh—and last but not least, have a passion for excellence
- Comprehensive health benefits for employees, disability insurance, SIMPLE IRA match, profit-sharing plan, professional development, flexible work environment, holidays and personal days
- Through our commitment to being Great Game of Business practitioners, we take ownership of our work, mistakes, actions and wins. We understand we have a stake in the company's—and our own—future.
- Key culture competencies include being a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude who is also willing to pitch in and answer the phone. Team member must be dependable and efficient in his or her work and must have an innovative mindset.
-Did we mention we have a fun committee?
- We promote from within, so there are opportunities for growth and advancement