Photographer and Designer
We currently have an opening for a Photographer and Designer. This position produces effective, high-quality photography and videography while providing excellent customer service in a deadline-driven atmosphere. This position will also provide expert retouching, color correcting and photo manipulation, and create layouts and visual aesthetics for all publications.
Additional duties include:
· Ensure photos adhere to the principles of composition, including shape, color and tone.
· Prepare for shoots with proper lighting, lenses and background.
· Take editorial, advertising and event photography.
· Edit photos for department stories and work with the Art Director on editing feature
· Support production of all publications through organizational and planning efforts,
technical setup and production-focused design, which may include digital components
for our websites and social media accounts.
· Design department stories for all publications.
The ideal candidate will excel in professional communication, have a strong attention to detail, demonstrate good judgment and the ability to evaluate tasks and prioritize effectively, excellent editorial design skills, visual creativity, and strong understanding of topography.
A Bachelors degree in graphic design, magazine design or a related field required. At least two years previous experience in photography and editorial design required. Previous experience in Adobe Creative Suite design software, InDesign and paragraph styles, content creation, video editing and photo manipulation required.
Benefits and #417culture:
● Comprehensive health benefits for employees, disability insurance, SIMPLE IRA match, profit-sharing plan, professional development, flexible work environment, holidays and personal days
● Through our commitment to being Great Game of Business practitioners, we take ownership of our work, mistakes, actions and wins. We understand we have a stake in the company's—and our own—future.
● Did we mention we have a fun committee?
● We promote from within, so there are opportunities for growth and advancement
We’re 417, a life-enrichment company in Springfield, Missouri, serving more than 325,362 audience members monthly across our titles of 417 Magazine, Biz 417, 417 Home and 417 Bride. In addition, we have robust digital properties to support each title, produce award-winning publications and have a custom publishing division, a ticketing platform and an event-planning division. While we're at it, we host parties and events for movers, shakers and everyone in between.
We’ve been doing this gig for 20 years, but there’s even more to come—we promise. Want to be part of it? Submit cover letter, writing samples and resume to WorkFor417@417mag.com.
417 provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants. Employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or unlawfully affected by virtue of an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, medical status, pregnancy, marital status, military including veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of recruitment, employment, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, assignment, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.